Healthy Yorkie skin will be a whitish pink color with good elasticity and be free of any irritation. It will be rather smooth, without cracking, flaking or red bumps.
Problems can arise quickly if there is even a small issue with Yorkie dry skin, as it can quickly snowball into a larger concern.
Small areas of irritation can rapidly spread and this can cause a wide range of symptoms including hair loss.
Luckily, there are many ways to treat this Yorkie skin problem and most can be done from home with great success.
When a Yorkie has dry skin, the sings can be 1 or a combination of the following:
• Obvious signs of peeling and flaking
• Flakes are falling off onto the coat
• Area(s) of white or pink skin that is rough to the touch
• The dog has a tendency to chew at or nibble at the site
• This can be all over the body or it can be only on certain areas (also known as hot spots)
Let's look into some of the issues that can affect the health of the skin...