Holidays and special occasions are always wonderful times to slow down and appreciate family. And since your Yorkshire Terrier is part of your family, it's always nice to find ways to include your dog in on the fun.
However, some holiday events do come with some challenges. Sure, finding your Yorkie the perfect birthday or Christmas present is somewhat of a challenge; however, there are other issues as well.
This includes: How to help your Yorkie handle large groups of visitors to your home, navigating having both decorations and a hyper puppy, bringing your Yorkshire Terrier to other homes during your visiting rounds while keeping him happy. And we must not forget the importance of knowing which types of holiday foods a dog can and cannot eat.
Another element to think about is the fun and cute ways you can dress your Yorkie up for the holidays and special holiday themed toys and canine-safe treats and cakes.
Celebrating holidays with your Yorkshire Terrier, which includes helpful advice to keep your Yorkie safe, holiday foods that your Yorkie can and cannot eat, ways to make your dog feel special and tips that revolves around the particular events of certain holidays.
Pet Awareness Days, Weeks & Months
• National Walk Your Dog Month
• Unchain a Dog Month
• January 2nd - National Pet Travel Safety Day
• January 14th - National Dress Up Your Pet Day; a day to be aware of the benefits of clothing your dog
• January 24th - Change a Pet’s Life Day
• National Pet Dental Health Month
• Responsible Pet Owners Month
• Spay/Neuter Awareness Month
• February 14th - Pet Theft Awareness Day
• February 20th - Love Your Pet Day
• February 23rd- International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day
• Poison Prevention Awareness Month
• March 23rd - National Puppy Day(an annual day to celebrate puppies and promote adoption)
• American Red Cross’s National Pet First Aid Awareness Month
• Prevention of Lyme Disease in Dogs Month
• National Pet ID Week (third week in April)
• World Veterinary Day - last Saturday in April.
• April 30th - National Adopt a Shelter Pet Day
• Pet Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month
• Be Kind to Animals Week (first full week of May starting with a Sunday)
• National Heat Awareness Day (the last Friday in May)
• Take Your Dog to Work Day (celebrated the Friday after Father's Day)
• July 15th - National Pet Fire Safety Day
• July 21st - National Craft for Your Local Shelters Day
• National Immunization Awareness Month; a day to spread awareness of the importance of vaccinations.
• August 1st - DOGust Universal Birthday for Shelter Dogs
• August 10th - Spoil Your Dog Day
• August 26th - National Dog Day
• Animal Pain Awareness Month
• Responsible Dog Ownership Month
• National Pet Memorial Day (second Sunday in September)
• September 14th - National Hug Your Hound Day
• September 23rd - Dogs in Politics Day (also known as Checkers Day)
• September 28th - World Rabies Day
• National Animal Safety and Protection Month
• National Pet Obesity Awareness Day (second Wednesday of October
• National Pet Cancer Awareness Month
• National Pet Diabetes Month
• November 1st - National Cook for Your Pets Day
• November 7th - National Canine Lymphoma Awareness Day
• December 10th - International Animal Rights Day
Holidays to Celebrate with Your Yorkshire Terrier
These include some of the major holidays, those just in the U.S. and others around the world. Tips and advice to make the day a great one.